niko: guitar | wim: drums | herwig: bass | daniel: vocals
We always work with the best booker our money can buy.
In this case, it’s just us: email@example.com. Amazing, I know.
official online presence
The short version (only the bare essentials)
a school of QUIET is:
- a band from planet earth .
- a full d.i.y. project.
- alternative rock with a special twist.
- a great live set that’ll really f#ck you up.
- not afraid of solos.
- growing into synths.
Some important collaborations and milestones (the long version):
- After the .calibre split, Daniel Mies (vocals) and Niko Poortmans (guitar) teamed up with Davy Deckmijn (drums – Zornik/Tom Helsen/Nona Mez) to form a new Belgian band called “a school of QUIET”.
- Igor Jansen (bass) joined the band shortly after. He used to play in various bands with Davy, some cover bands, also in DayGlowSuit.
- After a couple of months of rehearsing, and throwing away the initial songs asoQ started developing the style of music it plays now – twisted, stubborn alternative rock
- Peter Vandergoten (high-end audio tech – back then LiveisLife.be – now 4ears.be): extensive mobile recordings for the demo on various locations (loads of fun).
- Mario Goossens (Triggerfinger): some early demo work
- In April and May 2007, LOTUS EATER was aired for a couple of weeks on STUBRU’s Volt (hosted by Nadiem Shah & Manu Lammens).
- Early 2008, Davy Deckmijn left the band for other obligations and to pursue more personal ambitions. [Thanks for all the laughs amigo. Keep it up.]
- Wim Van Der Westen (Sara Bettens, Concrete, …) joined the band in the summer of 2008. Practicing the set with him, made it clear quite quickly that more experimental doors were opening to asoQ. We retracked all the songs in studio Gyraf.be
- All demo songs and final work mastered by Uwe Teichert at elektropolis.com.
- 2010: The band implemented the idea of handing out its music for free. Read all about that here.
- In April 2010 our sound shifted to more experimental alternative music. Igor started feeling out of place and we decided to go our separate ways. [Thanks for the great years, Igor.] His spot will be filled by Herwig Scheck (and he’s absolutely bonkers).
- Early 2011 the ‘handmade record’ was released. Download it here, it’s free.
- Some new demos for the new album online at vi.be/quiet.